Terms and Conditions
Payment, Cancellation and Refund Policy Knowledge tree training (KTT) is a registered trade mark of Knowledge Tree Training Ltd Effective Date: 1st July 2015
1. Payments & Bookings:
- Online, telephone or written course bookings are all subject to the following terms and conditions.
- All prices quoted are subject to VAT regardless of customer’s geographical location. VAT is chargeable at the point of supply of the course and at the standard UK rate. The prices listed and quotes given do not cover travel, subsistence or any other expenses related to course attendance for delegates unless otherwise stated on the course page at time of booking. Price quotes are valid for 5 business days from date they are sent to the customer.
- Unless otherwise agreed between both parties all course/exam fees must be cleared in KTT’s bank account before the start-date of the course/exam. KTT reserves the right to charge interest on late payments at 6% Per Annum, above BOE base rate if payments are more than 1 day late.
- If a booking is initally made on behalf of a company but payment is not made then KTT reserve the right to pursue the individual taking the course for payment as the end user.
- Access to the online learning portal cannot be accessed until payment has fully cleared in KTT’s bank account.
- Pre-course reading materials are supplied on most of our courses through our online learning portal. Printed hard copies can be supplied on demand at an additional fee of £20 + VAT. Additional fees are payable if the postal address is outside the UK. Exam only bookings do not include any resources or online learning access.
- KTT cannot be held responsible for any website bugs or typographical errors relating to payment or other information listed on the website. In this instance a course may need to be cancelled or re-booked if there is a payment gateway issue.
Any course bookings can be cancelled as long as written notice is received by KTT (by email or post) at least 20 business days prior to the course start date (or in the case of exam only bookings, the exam date). A Cancellation fee of 50% of the booking fee will be applicable in this case, unless the delegate has accessed the online learning material, in which case a 75% cancellation fee is applicable (That is, 50% and 75% of total course booking fee Inc. VAT). Customers must show proof of written cancellation if requested by KTT. If a delegate wishes to cancel a course between 20 business days and 10 business days before the start of a course/exam a 75% cancellation fee applies. Cancellations 10 business days or less before the start date of a course/exam will incur a 100% course booking cancellation fee. % cancellation calculation is based on total booking fee amount in £. A no show or non-attendance is counted as a cancellation and 100% of the course fee is due.
The customer may request to change the date of a course booking up to 10 business days before the start of a course. This will incur an amendment fee of £150 + VAT. No changes are allowed less than 10 business days before the start date of the course/exam. A course booking can only be changed once.
4. KTT reserves:
The right to cancel any course/exam at any time before the course/exam start-date. In the case of KTT cancelling a course the customer is entitled to a 100% refund or re-booking free of charge. Refunds are processed within 60 days and returned onto whatever card/bank account the customer paid from.
5. Under no circumstances:
Will KTT be liable to refund any amount in excess of the total booking fee. This applies in particular (but is not limited) to any travelling, subsistence or consequential expenses incurred by the customer.
KTT reserves the right to make any necessary changes to advertised courses/exams at any time.
7. Public courses/exams:
Can be taken in rented venues and accommodation such a hotel or conference centre. The customer should notify KTT if this poses any problems for them. KTT also reserve the right to change venues subject to giving the candidate one business days’ notice.
8. Cannot be taken:
PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner Courses cannot be taken more than 4 weeks apart if taken separately but booked as a package.
9. A customer on the PRINCE2 F&P:
(4 day) course who fails the Foundation exam will not receive a refund of the course or exam fees, but may continue to attend the Practitioner training module and re-take the Foundation exam on the final day of the course. Once the delegate has passed the Foundation exam, the Practitioner exam will be arranged for a later exam session. There would be a charge of £150+VAT for the re-sit of a PRINCE2 Foundation Exam (*after the first free resit – see section 25) and £250+ VAT for the re-sit of a PRINCE2 Practitioner exam. These will only be available as online re-sits if taken outside the course hours.
10. Course delegates:
Must sit exams at the end of the course or pay an additional fee to sit the exam at a later date online at a cost of £75 + VAT per exam.
11. Non Attendance:
Non-attendance of a course for any reason is deemed to be a cancellation with no notice and no refunds or re-bookings can be given.
12. Course Suitability:
The Customer must accept that it is their responsibility that the course booked is suitable for the requirements and abilities of the delegates attending. KTT may recommend courses or learning solutions, however, the assessment and the final decision concerning suitability of the course is the Customer’s responsibility. In cases where KTT have made recommendations, KTT do so in good faith and will not be wilfully misleading. All public and onsite training courses are delivered in English only and all Delegates should be sufficiently proficient in the English language before attending the course. KTT should be notified of any special needs prior to the customer booking a course to ensure KTT are adequately prepared and able to meet those needs.
KTT reserves the right to refuse course or event admission to any delegate whom it considers to be unsuitable for any reason.
14. Personal Belongings:
Personal belonging or items belonging to the Delegate on the Delegate’s possessions brought onto training courses are the sole responsibility of the Delegate. KTT accept no responsibility of the items or any loss or damage that may occur during the course/exam
15. e-Learning/OnIine Learning:
Course enrolment, fees and logon credentials are strictly non-transferable and non-refundable if the customer has logged onto the online portal at all, even for a limited amount of time. Fair Usage Policy applies to access to online study materials. KTT reserve the right to restrict access based on operational requirements including bandwidth consumption to ensure fair access to all learners. Access to e- learning/online products is granted for a 90 day period from date of purchase. Extensions can be granted upon request: contact [email protected] to discuss this further. Whilst KTT endeavours to ensure that the information on the online platform is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the materials on the site and we make changes to the e-learning/online content from time to time without notice. KTT reserves the right to change or alter course content from that which is published to ensure it is up to date. All online exams are valid for 90 days from date of purchase.
16. Force Majeure:
KTT shall not be in breach of this contract if the provision of services are delayed or cancelled or reduced through any circumstances beyond it’s reasonable control including acts of God (including but not limited to, fire, flood, earthquake, storm, snow, hurricane or other natural disaster) sickness,viruses,pandemics, war, invasion, act offoreign enemies. hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service. Delegates must ensure that they can attend the training courses which they are scheduled to attend. KTT will not be held liable, financially or actually, for their non-attendance, whatsoever the reason may be. KTT reserves the right to offer reasonable alternatives where a course cannot be conducted, refunds do not apply in these circumstances and Force Majeure supersedes all other terms and conditions listed.
All intellectual property rights for all course materials shall remain the property of KTT. The Customer agrees not to reproduce, sell, hire, lend or copy the course materials or use them except for the purpose of personal reference. KTT warrants that it will not knowingly include any copyright material in its course materials without license or consent.
18. Warranty & Liability:
KTT liability for loss and damage shall be limited to a claim for damages. The maximum aggregate liability will be the charges for the course out of which the loss or damage has arisen. KTT will not accept liability for death or personal injury. KTT will not be liable for indirect, special or consequential loss (including loss of anticipated profit or data), howsoever arising: even if it has been advised of such potential loss. KTT will not be responsible for any damage resulting from any computer viruses arising from software installed on customer computer systems.
19. Security and Encryption:
We use industry standard (e-commerce) security and encryption methods available for processing payments online. We also strictly adhere to best practices of data protection and PCI compliance. SSI- 128-bit encryption.
20. Intellectual Property:
The website and all the products and services of KTT without limitation are protected by international copyrights, trademarks and subject to intellectual property rights. Therefore all intellectual property belongs to KTT, its related companies, its affiliates or suppliers. You may not copy, sell, reproduce, distribute, download, modify, display or prepare derivative works based on, repost, transmit or otherwise use any of the intellectual property of this site. The information on this site is provided “as is” and without any warranties. KTT does not accept responsibility of content of any third party sites that maybe referenced by KTT. The following activities are strictly prohibited: use of robots, other automatic device or manual process to monitor or copy the site of any of its content or the replication of this site to any server. Audio or video recording of courses is not permitted.
21. PRINCE2 Foundation Exam Guarantee:
If a delegate attends a foundation course in full and fails the PRINCE2 Foundation Exam KTT will pay for one free resit of the Foundation exam only. This guarantee does not cover the PRINCE2 practitioner exam. If a delegate only attends a portion of the foundation course or leaves early then they are not entitled to a free resit of the foundation exam. This guarantee is limited to one free resit per course per delegate.
22. Money Back Guarantee
- KTT's money back Guarantee is for customers/delegates that have fully paid for a physical classroom based course and attend the first day of the training course. If they do not like the course for any reason, they can leave the course on the first day and receive a full refund (Total order value only - not any other expenses they may have incurred). The delegate must notify KTT by email on the first day of the course by 6pm in order to avail of the money back guarantee. Any textbooks, materials or other items supplied at the start of the course must be returned in the same condition they were provided. If books are marked or damaged there will be a £100 + VAT fee for the materials. Exam voucher orders are not included in the money back guarantee. In the event of e-learning or blended packages, the money back guarantee is only valid if the delegate has used less than 25% of the e-learning content. This does not apply in any form to Live virtual courses.