PRINCE2 Course | PRINCE2 Training (6th Ed.)
PRINCE2 Training Foundation & Practitioner course
Virtual and Online courses
PRINCE2 Foundation - Live Virtual
Live virtual classroom PRINCE2 Foundation training, taken from the comfort of your home. Exams taken online from home and materials shipped directly to your door.
from £800Learn More
PRINCE2 F&P Combined - Live Virtual
The perfect 4 day live virtual classroom course, fully online with a UK based trainer on Webex. Exams taken online and books shipped directly to you.
from £800Learn More
PRINCE2 Weekend Training
Live virtual based PRINCE2 weekend courses designed for busy professionals that can't take the time off during the week. Includes all exams and manuals. Runs Saturdays and Sundays monthly.
As of September 2023
- PRINCE2 training is the UK's leading Project management qualification (created 1996)
- PRINCE2 is a principles driven project management methodology
- PRINCE2 is used across numerous large organisation and public sector bodies.
- PRINCE2 Certification is useful for anyone involved with organisational change at all levels of an organisation.
PRINCE2 Training is the gateway to passing your PRINCE2 Exams and future success at implementing PRINCE2 in an organisation. PRINCE2 courses are a great way to learn the method whilst also engaging with students from a variety of different sectors and workplaces. Our trainers on our PRINCE2 courses are experts at what they do, both the theory and practical implementation of the PRINCE2 methodology.
PRINCE2 training comes in a variety of formats from physical classroom based PRINCE2 courses, live virtual training (instructor led) and e-learning:
- A physical classroom based PRINCE2 course would be held in one of our many venues across the UK and would be led by our amazing tutors, in a comfortable, modern setting with everything you need for exam success.
- A PRINCE2 course operated in a live virtual setting is very similar to a physical classroom PRINCE2 course except you can access the PRINCE2 training from the comfort of your home or office with a live PRINCE2 instructor and a small group of delegates.
- PRINCE2 courses done via e-learning offer the most flexibility for remote delegates or those who wish to split their learning over a number of weeks or months. It allows you as a delegate to choose when and how you study for your PRINCE2 exams.
PRINCE2 certification is as popular as ever in such a competitive professional job market. We frequently get feedback from our delegates that our PRINCE2 course has really set them up for success in passing their exams, but also in applying the PRINCE2 knowledge to their job. Some of our delegates are new to project management and some are very experienced PMs, we have found that if you put the effort into your PRINCE2 training and course then you can succeed regardless of prior experience or qualifications.
- The PRINCE2 course (Foundation only) qualification is designed for experienced project managers and those with limited experience alike. Our PRINCE2 courses are also relevant to other key staff involved in all aspects of project delivery, from key PMO support staff to Business analysts or developers in a technology setting.
- The PRINCE2 course (Practitioner level) will assess whether you can apply and understand the PRINCE2 project management method in the context of a practical work scenario. The PRINCE2 Course Foundation qualification is a prerequisite for the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam.
- The PRINCE2 course (F&P combined course) - is our most popular PRINCE2 course that covers both the Foundation level and Practitioner level in a consolidated course. This option delivers the best value in terms of return on time and value for money. Over 80% of your delegates opt for the F&P combined PRINCE2 Course.
Our PRINCE2 course via Live Virtual Learning allows you to complete an online PRINCE2 course from the comfort of your own home, exams are taken online too. The PRINCE2 training is delivered by a live UK based qualified trainer over video conferencing software. It will also cover the same content covered in any of our classroom PRINCE2 courses, your official book and manuals are shipped directly to your door. Sign up for a Free Demo to check it out our PRINCE2 training course. More details can be found here...PRINCE2 Virtual
yes, absolutely we are an accredited PRINCE2 course provider. We are an ATO (Accredited Training Organisation) by Peoplecert examination institute, the sole exam provider for the PRINCE2 qualification on behalf of Axelos (Axelos owns PRINCE2). Our trainers go through a rigorous onboarding process and our courseware is signed off by Peoplecert examiners.
Our PRINCE2 course Trainers have typically been teaching PRINCE2 courses or worked in Project Management for over 10 years, having taught thousands of delegates in that time. Our trainers are all accredited by Peoplecert too, who make them undertake a rigorous on-boarding process. Our trainers have a lot of hands on Project Management experience in a host of industries, from the Financial sector to Engineering and Government. They are therefore highly experienced to deliver our PRINCE2 training.
We know you're going to love your PRINCE2 training course with us, just in case you don't you will get a full refund. Just let us know on the first day of your course and we'll sort out the rest.
This Money Back Guarantee applies only to our classroom based physical courses and does not apply to our Virtual PRINCE2 courses. No need to worry though as we can offer you a free, no obligation demo over WebEx before you book your Virtual course so you can see exactly what our PRINCE2 Virtual courses will entail and you can ask any question you may have on the delivery of the course.
We are so confident that you will pass your PRINCE2 Foundation exam with us after attending our PRINCE2 course, that we offer you a free resit if you don't pass the exam first time. It is limited to one free resit and is valid as long as you have attended a PRINCE2 Foundation course of ours in full.
Our PRINCE2 training course includes everything you need to pass the PRINCE2 exams, including the official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 publication (2017 Edition e-book), our PRINCE2 slide manual and PRINCE2 exams. We also offer a foundation exam guarantee, one free resit if you fail the Foundation exam. Exams are taken in the classroom, not online. Read our full guide here on PRINCE2 Course Cost and what's included in our PRINCE2 qualification.
Our PRINCE2 course has been carefully tailored and condensed into 4 days, we cover the full PRINCE2 syllabus, in reality, the 5th day with other providers is only the practitioner exam so there's no extra teaching, it finishes at 12 pm on the Friday of their course. We feel its just a more efficient use of your time to do it this way. Many other providers also now make you do the exam online at home, all our exams are taken in the classroom on our classroom based courses.
PRINCE2 6th edition is the latest and current version of PRINCE2. All of our PRINCE2 courses are the PRINCE2 6th edition updated version, certified by PeopleCert Examination Institute on behalf of Axelos. We no longer offer PRINCE2 5th edition as of August 2017.
- the definition and characteristics of a project
- the six aspects of project performance to be managed
- the integrated elements of PRINCE2: principles, themes, processes and the project environment
- what makes a project a PRINCE2 project
- the features and benefits of PRINCE2
- the customer/supplier context on which PRINCE2 is based
Explain the PRINCE2 principles:
- continued business justification
- learn from experience
- defined roles and responsibilities
- manage by stages
- manage by exception
- focus on products
- tailor to suit the project
Explain which aspects of a project can be tailored, who is responsible, and how tailoring decisions are documented
1. Understand the purpose of a business case and benefits management approach.
2. Explain key concepts related to an organization, like stakeholder management and the levels of management within a project.
3. Understand key concepts related to quality planning and quality control, project assurance and quality assurance.
4. Explain the purpose of the various plan in PRINCE2: project plan, stage plan, exception plan, team plan.
5. Explain the purpose of a risk management approach, a risk management budget and a risk register.
6. Understand the purpose of a change theme, including the purpose of a change budget. Learn how Management products including: change control approach, configuration item record, issue register, issue report, product status account.
7. Explain the purpose of the progress theme: defining the various reports in PRINCE2 such as: daily log, lessons log, lessons report, work package, end stage report, end project report, checkpoint report, highlight report, exception report.
8. Explain key concepts related to progress; event-driven and time-driven controls, including how tolerances and exceptions, including how tolerances are set and exceptions are reported.
Explain the purpose of the PRINCE2 processes:
- starting up a project, including the purpose of the project brief,
- directing a project, including the purpose of the project initiation documentation (PID),
- initiating a project,
- controlling a stage,
- managing product delivery,
- managing a stage boundary,
- closing a project.
Our PRINCE2 training weekday classroom courses run over four days, Monday-Thursday, 9:30 am - 5 pm daily. You will do the PRINCE2 Foundation level on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning (Foundation exam only). The Practitioner level continues on Wednesday & Thursday (Practitioner exam Thursday afternoon).
Our PRINCE2 training Weekend classroom courses run over two consecutive weekends. You attend the PRINCE2 Foundation course on the first Weekend (Saturday & Sunday) and the PRINCE2 Practitioner course on the following Weekend (Saturday & Sunday). This allows one week for further study before sitting the Practitioner portion of the course. We currently only offer weekend PRINCE2 courses in London.
We normally start our PRINCE2 training promptly at 9:30 am and finish around 5 pm each day. This varies depending on your engagement and the length of coffee breaks.
Please be aware, the objective of the PRINCE2 certification is to cover all the material and practice exams in a complete manner, so that you are comfortable with all the material, not to stick to a set number of hours of teaching.
You will need to do at least 2/3 hours homework every evening during your PRINCE2 course, based on your tutors advice. This will be a combination of reading and sample exams. Your tutor will help you as much as possible during your PRINCE2 training, but ultimately you need to do the practice exams and questions on your own to really get to grips with the syllabus and exam style.
We strongly recommend that you do your Foundation and Practitioner course and exams in the same week, Monday - Thursday (or consecutive weekends, if weekend course) on our classroom PRINCE2 course.
Our PRINCE2 training course pass rates for Practitioner are higher when taken directly after the Foundation course. If you need to leave time in-between Foundation and Practitioner levels for work or personal reasons that’s not a problem, but we don’t recommend it where possible.
The PRINCE2 qualification is intended for project managers and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including:
- Project board members (e.g. senior responsible owners)
- Team managers (e.g. product delivery managers)
- Project assurance (e.g. business change analysts)
- Project support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel)
- Operational line managers/staff.
We will always try to help you make the right choice when it comes to taking a PRINCE2 training course with us, we hope that there is more than enough information for you on this page to make an informed decision. If you need to discuss a PRINCE2 training course further please e-mail us at:[email protected] or call us.
The foundation level teaches you the basics of PRINCE2 and gives you details on the body of knowledge. We always recommend delegates do the practitioner level too as it teaches you how to apply the knowledge learnt at foundation using project scenarios. Its also more cost effective to attend the combined PRINCE2 training course.
You will receive our excellent PRINCE2 training course PDF pre-reading when you confirm your booking with us. It will take around 3-4 hours to complete. We strongly recommend completing the pre-reading as there is a lot of content to cover on the PRINCE2 course.
Hard copies of the following will be provided at the venue for you if you are attending a classroom based PRINCE2 course: the official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 publication (2017 Edition), Course slide manual and PRINCE2 practice exams.
The most fundamental difference between the PRINCE2 qualification and agile is that the former is a project management methodology whereas agile refers to numerous software development approaches used by teams which subscribe to the 12 Agile principles.
There are many different agile approaches, the most famous being Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming, and Lean. PRINCE2 is a customer-focused project management methodology. It offers a set of principles, themes and processes to enable an organisation’s key managers to justify a project.
Agile methods are aimed at the supplier and the teams doing the work - whether part of a project or not. They focus on questions for the team such as “what needs to be delivered next week?” and “is the working software what the customer needs?”
Both the PRINCE2 course and Agile course are very popular qualifications amongst project managers.
PRINCE2 Agile is a new qualification built on the PRINCE2 methodology which promotes an agile approach. PRINCE2 (original) and PRINCE2 Agile are completely different qualifications and subjects. We do not offer PRINCE2 Agile. We offer APMG's AgilePM as an alternative Agile qualification for Project Managers.
After you have attended your PRINCE2 training course all official results will be confirmed via email from PeopleCert (Approx.) 7 days after the exam. PRINCE2 Foundation exams are marked by your tutor during your PRINCE2 training and they will tell you your result on the same day as the exam, Practitioner results are marked by PeopleCert.
Your PDF certificates will also be available to download from your Peoplecert Account once your official results are released. You may receive provisional results initially, but please wait until you get the official results from Peoplecert, as they can change. All of this will be explained by your tutor on your PRINCE2 course.
The PRINCE2 Foundation Course exam style are all ‘multiple choice’. The ‘classic’ questions contain a question and four answer options. The ‘missing word’ questions contain a sentence with a word missing and you have to select the missing word from four options. The ‘list’ questions contain a list of four statements and you have to select the two correct statements.
You trainer will go over all exam question examples throughout your PRINCE2 course to help you prepare for your exams.
The PRINCE2 Foundation exam is a multiple choice paper that lasts 60 mins. There are 60 questions per paper. 33 marks required to pass (55%). It is a ‘closed book’ exam.
The Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 publication, 2017 edition, should be used for study, but is NOT permitted to be used in the exam. If you are taking the exam in a language that is not your native or working language you may be allowed 25% extra time, i.e. 75 minutes in total.
Your PRINCE2 trainer will help guide and support you during your PRINCE2 training in preparation for your exams.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner exam is 2 hours 30 mins long and is based on a project scenario. Total marks available are 68 and a pass mark of 38 (55%) is required. The questions are all ‘multiple choice’. There is a short description of a situation, and then a question. Our average pass rates are highlighted in the exam results section above.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner exam is ‘open book’. The Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 publication, 2017 edition, should be used (and you can make notes inside the book), but no other material is allowed. If you are taking the exam in a language that is not your native or working language you may be allowed 25% extra time, i.e. 188 minutes in total.
Your PRINCE2 trainer will help guide and support you during your PRINCE2 training in preparation for your exams.
In order to take the PRINCE2 2017 Practitioner examination you must provide proof of having passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2 Foundation (or higher) - this only applies to certificates obtained after 1 January 2009
- Project Management Professional (PMP)*
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)*
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate).
Full details can be found here: https://www.axelos.com/certifications/prince2/prince2-practitioner-certification
The PRINCE2 Foundation Exam and PRINCE2 Practitioner exam are both taken in the classroom on our classroom based PRINCE2 course, as part of the course, not online. You can take them at home, at a later date, for an additional fee.
Yes, please bring a valid government ID such as driving license or passport in order to sit exams on your PRINCE2 course.
Yes, we do offer exam only if you have decided to complete your PRINCE2 training through self study using the Official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 publication.
Yes, we are offering the reassurance of a resit for the Practitioner exam (called Take2) if you do not pass first time around at a greatly reduced price if purchased with your booking before your course begins, if you are interested in this option please let us know.
You can resit the exam as many times as you like if you have attended PRINCE2 training with us.
The price for the Practitioner exam only resit is £250 + VAT, if purchased after you fail your exam, which can be taken at the next available classroom course or online at home. This resit fee is set by Peoplecert and unfortunately we have no control over this. Please email us to arrange this after the official Peoplecert results are released.
A confirmation of your booking will be sent to your email as soon as you have booked and paid (along with a full Tax Invoice). The venue details are normally the ones listed on the website, but this will be confirmed via email at least 7 days before the course start date as it can change due to availability. Please note your booking is not fully confirmed until you have paid in full.
You can change your course dates up to 10 business days before the course start date subject to a re-booking fee of £150 + VAT. Changes cannot be made to the booking within 10 business days of the course start date. We always try to work with customers to achieve an outcome that works for everyone, we are very customer centric. Please see our full terms and conditions for more details.
We have everything covered, we don't have any hidden fees or nasty surprises. The Price listed (+VAT) is the price you pay.The only thing we don't cover is overnight accommodation and travel costs to the training venue.
The dress code is casual, so don't worry about business attire.
If you have any special needs or requirements please let us know when you book your course and let your course tutor know at the start of the course so he/she can accommodate your needs. Any additional exam time can only be accommodated with the accompaniment of a Doctors note or other proof. An example of this would be Dyslexia or if you are a non-native English speaker (passport required).
Payments & Refunds
Yes, we charge VAT at the standard rate of 20%. Our prices are listed without VAT as most of our customers reclaim the VAT, and want the price excluding VAT. If you click "Book Now", you can see the price including VAT in the cart.
We offer full refunds as long as you submit your email request to us 20 business days before the course start date (minus a small cancellation fee, see full T&Cs). A cancellation means you no longer want to do your course with us and want a refund, it is not the same as wanting to change your course date. Cancellations between 20 and 10 business days are subject to a 50% cancellation fee (value of purchase). Cancellations less than 10 business days are subject to a 100% cancellation fee. We always try to work with customers to achieve an outcome that works for everyone, we are very customer centric. Don't forget, you can reschedule for a small cost (see other FAQ about changing course dates), this description only refers to an instance where you require a cash refund. See our Term-Conditions for more details.
We know you're going to love your course with us, just in case you don't you will get a full refund. Just let us know on the first day of your course and we'll sort out the rest.
This Money Back Guarantee applies only to our classroom based courses and does not apply to our Virtual courses. No need to worry though as we can offer you a free, no obligation demo over WebEx before you book your Virtual course so you can see actually what our Virtual courses will entail and you can ask any question you may have on the delivery of the course.