As of February 2024
Book early for the best price
- PRINCE2 training is the UK's leading Project management qualification (created 1996)
- PRINCE2 is a principles driven project management methodology
- PRINCE2 is used across numerous large organisation and public sector bodies.
- PRINCE2 Certification is useful for anyone involved with organisational change at all levels of an organisation.
The Foundation PRINCE2 qualification is intended for project managers and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: project board members (e.g. senior responsible owners), team managers (e.g. product delivery managers), project assurance (e.g. business change analysts), project support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel), and operational line managers/staff.
The PRINCE2 Foundation course covers all the content for both qualifications and enables you to lead a PRINCE2 project. It includes the following:
- PRINCE2 methodology overview and the seven core PRINCE2 principles
- PRINCE2 four integrated elements.
- PRINCE2 tailoring and embedding.
- The PRINCE2 themes: Business Case, Organization, Change and Progress, Quality, Risk, Plans.
- How the PRINCE2 Themes support the Principles.
- The purpose and definitions of PRINCE2 Themes.
- PRINCE2 Project Products and Management Products.
- PRINCE2 Project Roles and Responsibilities.
- PRINCE2 management products
- PRINCE2 utilises management by exceptions? What are project tolerances?
- Tailoring in PRINCE2 projects.
The purpose, objectives and context of the PRINCE2 processes:
- Starting up a Project Process (SU)
- Directing a Project Process (DP)
- Initiating a Project Process (IP)
- Controlling a Stage Process (CS)
- Managing Product Delivery Process (MP)
- Managing a Stage Boundary Process (SB)
- Closing a Project Process (CP)
Yes, we do. We currently offer the most up to date version of the PRINCE2 qualification which is the 7th edition.
We stopped offering the 6th edition in December 2023.
Yes, we are a fully accredited training organisation with PeopleCert who are the examining body on behalf of Axelos for the PRINCE2 qualification. Axelos is the company that own PRINCE2.
Our fully qualified PRINCE2 trainers go through a training process with PeopleCert and our courseware is signed off with PeopleCert examiners.
Yes, our PRINCE2 trainers are fully qualified trainers and have many years experience in the Project Management. Our PRINCE2 trainers have been delivering the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner courses with us for many years.
Our trainers are fully accredited with PeopleCert also, who are the examining body for PRINCE2 qualifications.
We pride ourselves on our very high pass mark for the PRINCE2 Foundation exam (99% of people pass first time)- but if you fail, we will offer you one free resit. This offer is included in your PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner combined course package.
You will receive the following in your PRINCE2 package:
- The official PRINCE2 E-book - Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 manual (7th Edition)
- Our PRINCE2 course slide manual (PDF copy)
- Our PRINCE2 exam manual (PDF copy)
- Both exams taken online
- One free Foundation resit
Check out more information on the PRINCE2 Course Cost and what's included in your package.
We have carefully condensed and tailored our PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner course into 4 days which covers all of the PRINCE2 training syllabus. Some providers advertise a 4.5/ 5 day course but on the 5th day it is only the practitioner exam that takes place and therefore there is no extra teaching, this 5th day can also involve taking your practitioner exam online at home.
- the definition and characteristics of a project
- the six aspects of project performance to be managed
- the integrated elements of PRINCE2: principles, themes, processes and the project environment
- what makes a project a PRINCE2 project
- the features and benefits of PRINCE2
- the customer/supplier context on which PRINCE2 is based
Explain the PRINCE2 principles:
- continued business justification
- learn from experience
- defined roles and responsibilities
- manage by stages
- manage by exception
- focus on products
- tailor to suit the project
Explain which aspects of a project can be tailored, who is responsible, and how tailoring decisions are documented
1. Understand the purpose of a business case and benefits management approach.
2. Explain key concepts related to an organization, like stakeholder management and the levels of management within a project.
3. Understand key concepts related to quality planning and quality control, project assurance and quality assurance.
4. Explain the purpose of the various plan in PRINCE2: project plan, stage plan, exception plan, team plan.
5. Explain the purpose of a risk management approach, a risk management budget and a risk register.
6. Understand the purpose of a change theme, including the purpose of a change budget. Learn how Management products including: change control approach, configuration item record, issue register, issue report, product status account.
7. Explain the purpose of the progress theme: defining the various reports in PRINCE2 such as: daily log, lessons log, lessons report, work package, end stage report, end project report, checkpoint report, highlight report, exception report.
8. Explain key concepts related to progress; event-driven and time-driven controls, including how tolerances and exceptions, including how tolerances are set and exceptions are reported.
Explain the purpose of the PRINCE2 processes:
- starting up a project, including the purpose of the project brief,
- directing a project, including the purpose of the project initiation documentation (PID),
- initiating a project,
- controlling a stage,
- managing product delivery,
- managing a stage boundary,
- closing a project.
They run Mon to Thurs. You will start off with the foundation part of the course, which is 2.5 days and then continue with the Practitioner part of the course- which is 1.5 days.
Our PRINCE2 combined classroom courses run from approximately 9.30- 5 each day.
This can vary depending on delegate’s engagement and length of breaks etc.
The trainers aim is to cover the full PRINCE2 combined content and prepare delegates for their exams so it is not about sticking to a set amount of teaching hours
Yes, you need to be prepared to do work in the evenings during your PRINCE2 foundation and practitioner course.
You trainer will set you sample exam questions to practice so you should set aside around 2 to 3 hours for homework and revision for your exams during your course. The trainer wants to ensure you are comfortable with the exam style before sitting your exams.
Our PRINCE2 training pass rates for Practitioner are generally higher when taken directly after the Foundation course so we strongly recommend you do the Foundation and Practitioner course with the same week. If you need to leave time in-between Foundation and Practitioner courses for work or personal reasons that’s not a problem, but we don’t recommend it where possible.
The PRINCE2 qualification is aimed at project managers or people wanting to get into project management. It is also very useful for job roles that are involved in projects also.
It is a highly regarded project management qualification which will look great on your CV and get your front in the door.
If you have any questions regarding the PRINCE2 combined course, please email us at: [email protected] or call us and we will be happy to help.
The PRINCE2 training Foundation qualification will cover the basics of the PRINCE2 methodology, whereas the Practitioner qualification covers how to apply the knowledge learnt at the foundation level to different scenarios. You must complete the foundation level first. We recommend doing the PRINCE2 combined course as it is more cost effective.
Yes, we recommend you read through our PRINCE2 pre-reading PDF which we will email to you after you book your PRINCE2 training Foundation and Practitioner course with us. It will summarise what you will cover during your combined course and takes around 3-4 hours to read through.
The most fundamental difference between PRINCE2 and agile is that the former is a project management methodology whereas agile refers to numerous software development approaches used by teams which subscribe to the 12 Agile principles.
There are many different agile approaches, the most famous being Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming, and Lean. PRINCE2 is a customer-focused project management methodology. It offers a set of principles, themes and processes to enable an organisation’s key managers to justify a project.
Agile methods are aimed at the supplier and the teams doing the work - whether part of a project or not. They focus on questions for the team such as “what needs to be delivered next week?” and “is the working software what the customer needs?”
PRINCE2 Agile is a complete agile project management solution, which combines the flexibility and responsibility of the Agile approach with the governance of PRINCE2.
We are not currently offering PRINCE2 Agile. But we do offer APMG's AgilePM as an alternative Agile qualification.
After you have sat both exams on your PRINCE2 combined course you will receive the official results via email from PeopleCert (Approx.) 7 days after the exam. Your PRINCE2 Foundation exam paper is marked by your tutor during your PRINCE2 course and they will tell you your result on the same day.
The Practitioner exam paper is marked by PeopleCert.
You may receive provisional results initially, but your official results will be confirmed by Peoplecert.
You can then download your PDF certificates from your PeopleCert account.
The PRINCE2 Foundation exam is a multiple-choice paper. You will select the correct answer from 4 possible answers.
There will be fill in the ‘missing word’ questions and ‘list’ type questions where you will choose the correct statement.
As part of your exam preparation, you should practice past exam papers so you get to grips with the style. Your PRINCE2 trainer will guide you along the way before your sit your exam.
The PRINCE2 Foundation exam is a 60 minute exam, with 60 multiple choice questions.
It is a closed book exam so you are not allowed any material with you during your exam.
The pass mark is 55% for this paper, so you must gain at least 33 marks out of 60.
You may be permitted to 25% extra time on your exam (75 minutes total) if you are taking the exam in a language which is not your native language.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner exam is a 2 hour 30 mins exam paper and it is multiple choice paper based on a project scenario.
The pass mark is 38 marks out of a possible 68 marks (55%).
If you are taking the exam in a language that is not your native or working language you may be allowed 25% extra time, i.e. 188 minutes in total.
If you have signed up to a weekday PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner combined classroom course you will sit your exams during the 4 day course. If you would prefer to take your exams online at a later date, we can arrange this for you- contact us to find out more information including the additional fee involved.
You must bring along a valid ID such as a driving license or passport to your exams. You trainer will check this before you sit your exams.
If you have decided to study the PRINCE2 methodology yourself, you can book an exam only option through us for your PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams.
Yes, you can.
We offer you a Take2 option when you book your PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner combined course with us. When means you receive a resit voucher for your Practitioner exam at a greatly reduced price if you have opted for this before your course starts.
A confirmation of your booking will be sent to your email as soon as you have booked and paid (along with a full Tax Invoice). The venue details are normally the ones listed on the website, but this will be confirmed via email at least 7 days before the course start date as it can change due to availability. Please note your booking is not fully confirmed until you have paid in full.
You can change your course dates up to 10 business days before the course start date subject to a re-booking fee of £150 + VAT. Changes cannot be made to the booking within 10 business days of the course start date. We always try to work with customers to achieve an outcome that works for everyone, we are very customer centric. Please see our full terms and conditions for more details.
We have everything covered, we don't have any hidden fees or nasty surprises. The Price listed (+VAT) is the price you pay.The only thing we don't cover is overnight accommodation and travel costs to the training venue.
The dress code is casual, so don't worry about business attire.
If you have any special needs or requirements please let us know when you book your course and let your course tutor know at the start of the course so he/she can accommodate your needs. Any additional exam time can only be accommodated with the accompaniment of a Doctors note or other proof. An example of this would be Dyslexia or if you are a non-native English speaker (passport required).
Payments & Refunds
Yes, we charge VAT at the standard rate of 20%. Our prices are listed without VAT as most of our customers reclaim the VAT, and want the price excluding VAT. If you click "Book Now", you can see the price including VAT in the cart.
We offer full refunds as long as you submit your email request to us 20 business days before the course start date (minus a small cancellation fee, see full T&Cs). A cancellation means you no longer want to do your course with us and want a refund, it is not the same as wanting to change your course date. Cancellations between 20 and 10 business days are subject to a 50% cancellation fee (value of purchase). Cancellations less than 10 business days are subject to a 100% cancellation fee. We always try to work with customers to achieve an outcome that works for everyone, we are very customer centric. Don't forget, you can reschedule for a small cost (see other FAQ about changing course dates), this description only refers to an instance where you require a cash refund. See our Term-Conditions for more details.
We know you're going to love your course with us, just in case you don't you will get a full refund. Just let us know on the first day of your course and we'll sort out the rest.
This Money Back Guarantee applies only to our classroom based courses and does not apply to our Virtual courses. No need to worry though as we can offer you a free, no obligation demo over WebEx before you book your Virtual course so you can see actually what our Virtual courses will entail and you can ask any question you may have on the delivery of the course.