As of February 2024
Book early for the best price
- PRINCE2 training is the UK's leading Project management qualification (created 1996)
- PRINCE2 is a principles driven project management methodology
- PRINCE2 is used across numerous large organisation and public sector bodies.
- PRINCE2 Certification is useful for anyone involved with organisational change at all levels of an organisation.
The Foundation PRINCE2 qualification is intended for project managers and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: project board members (e.g. senior responsible owners), team managers (e.g. product delivery managers), project assurance (e.g. business change analysts), project support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel), and operational line managers/staff.
The PRINCE2 Foundation course covers all the content for both qualifications and enables you to lead a PRINCE2 project. It includes the following:
- PRINCE2 methodology overview and the seven core PRINCE2 principles
- PRINCE2 four integrated elements.
- PRINCE2 tailoring and embedding.
- The PRINCE2 themes: Business Case, Organization, Change and Progress, Quality, Risk, Plans.
- How the PRINCE2 Themes support the Principles.
- The purpose and definitions of PRINCE2 Themes.
- PRINCE2 Project Products and Management Products.
- PRINCE2 Project Roles and Responsibilities.
- PRINCE2 management products
- PRINCE2 utilises management by exceptions? What are project tolerances?
- Tailoring in PRINCE2 projects.
The purpose, objectives and context of the PRINCE2 processes:
- Starting up a Project Process (SU)
- Directing a Project Process (DP)
- Initiating a Project Process (IP)
- Controlling a Stage Process (CS)
- Managing Product Delivery Process (MP)
- Managing a Stage Boundary Process (SB)
- Closing a Project Process (CP)
yes, absolutely. We are an ATO (Accredited Training Organisation) by Peoplecert examination institute, the sole exam provider for PRINCE2 on behalf of Axelos (Axelos owns PRINCE2). Our trainers go through a rigorous onboarding process and our courseware is signed off by Peoplecert examiners.
Our PRINCE2 Trainers have typically been teaching PRINCE2 or worked in Project Management for over 10 years, having taught thousands of delegates in that time. Our trainers are all accredited by Peoplecert too, who make them undertake a rigorous on-boarding process. Our trainers have a lot of hands on Project Management experience in a host of industries, from the Financial sector to Engineering and Government.
We are so confident that you will pass your PRINCE2 Foundation exam with us after attending one of our courses, that we offer you a free resit if you don't pass the exam first time. It is limited to one free resit and is valid as long as you have attended a PRINCE2 Foundation course of ours in full.
Our PRINCE2 courses include everything you need to pass the PRINCE2 exams, including the official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 publication (E-book 2017 Edition), our course slide manual and PRINCE2 exams (PDF copy). We also offer a foundation exam guarantee, one free resit if you fail the Foundation exam. Exams are taken in the classroom, not online. Read our full guide here on PRINCE2 Course Cost and what's included.
Our course has been carefully tailored and condensed into 4 days, we cover the full PRINCE2 syllabus, in reality, the 5th day with other providers is only the practitioner exam so there's no extra teaching, it finishes at 12 pm on the Friday of their course.We feel its just a more efficient use of your time to do it this way. Many other providers also now make you do the exam online at home, all our exams are taken in the classroom.
Yes, we do. We currently offer the most up to date version of the PRINCE2 qualification which is the 7th edition.
We stopped offering the 6th edition in December 2023.
- the definition and characteristics of a project
- the six aspects of project performance to be managed
- the integrated elements of PRINCE2: principles, themes, processes and the project environment
- what makes a project a PRINCE2 project
- the features and benefits of PRINCE2
- the customer/supplier context on which PRINCE2 is based
Explain the PRINCE2 principles:
- continued business justification
- learn from experience
- defined roles and responsibilities
- manage by stages
- manage by exception
- focus on products
- tailor to suit the project
Explain which aspects of a project can be tailored, who is responsible, and how tailoring decisions are documented
1. Understand the purpose of a business case and benefits management approach.
2. Explain key concepts related to an organization, like stakeholder management and the levels of management within a project.
3. Understand key concepts related to quality planning and quality control, project assurance and quality assurance.
4. Explain the purpose of the various plan in PRINCE2: project plan, stage plan, exception plan, team plan.
5. Explain the purpose of a risk management approach, a risk management budget and a risk register.
6. Understand the purpose of a change theme, including the purpose of a change budget. Learn how Management products including: change control approach, configuration item record, issue register, issue report, product status account.
7. Explain the purpose of the progress theme: defining the various reports in PRINCE2 such as: daily log, lessons log, lessons report, work package, end stage report, end project report, checkpoint report, highlight report, exception report.
8. Explain key concepts related to progress; event-driven and time-driven controls, including how tolerances and exceptions, including how tolerances are set and exceptions are reported.
Explain the purpose of the PRINCE2 processes:
- starting up a project, including the purpose of the project brief,
- directing a project, including the purpose of the project initiation documentation (PID),
- initiating a project,
- controlling a stage,
- managing product delivery,
- managing a stage boundary,
- closing a project.
Our PRINCE2 Weekday courses run over four days, Monday-Thursday, 9:30 am - 5 pm daily. You will do the PRINCE2 Foundation level on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning (Foundation exam only). The Practitioner level continues on Wednesday & Thursday (Practitioner exam Thursday afternoon).
We normally start promptly at 9:30 am and finish around 5 pm. This varies depending on your engagement and the length of coffee breaks.
Please be aware, the objective of the course is to cover all the material and practice exams in a complete manner, so that you are comfortable with all the material, not to stick to a set number of hours of teaching.
You will need to do at least 2/3 hours homework every evening, based on your tutors advice. This will be a combination of reading and sample exams. Your tutor will help you as much as possible, but ultimately you need to do the practice exams and questions on your own to really get to grips with the syllabus and exam style.
We Strongly recommend that you do your Foundation and Practitioner course and exams in the same week, Monday - Thursday.
Pass rates for Practitioner are higher when taken directly after the Foundation course. If you need to leave time in-between Foundation and Practitioner levels for work or personal reasons that’s not a problem, but we don’t recommend it where possible.
The PRINCE2 qualifications are intended for project managers and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including:
- Project board members (e.g. senior responsible owners)
- Team managers (e.g. product delivery managers)
- Project assurance (e.g. business change analysts)
- Project support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel)
- Operational line managers/staff.
We will always try to help you make the right choice when it comes to taking a course with us, we hope that there is more than enough information for you on this page to make an informed decision. If you need to discuss it further please e-mail us at:[email protected] or call us.
The foundation level teaches you the basics of PRINCE2 and gives you details on the body of knowledge. We always recommend delegates do the practitioner level too as it teaches you how to apply the knowledge learnt at foundation using project scenarios. Its also more cost effective.
You will receive our excellent PRINCE2 PDF pre-reading when you confirm your booking with us. It will take around 3-4 hours to complete. We strongly recommend completing the pre-reading as there is a lot of content to cover on the PRINCE2 course.
The most fundamental difference between PRINCE2 and agile is that the former is a project management methodology whereas agile refers to numerous software development approaches used by teams which subscribe to the 12 Agile principles.
There are many different agile approaches, the most famous being Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming, and Lean. PRINCE2 is a customer-focused project management methodology. It offers a set of principles, themes and processes to enable an organisation’s key managers to justify a project.
Agile methods are aimed at the supplier and the teams doing the work - whether part of a project or not. They focus on questions for the team such as “what needs to be delivered next week?” and “is the working software what the customer needs?”
PRINCE2 Agile is a new qualification built on the PRINCE2 methodology which promotes an agile approach. PRINCE2 (original) and PRINCE2 Agile are completely different qualifications and subjects. We do not offer PRINCE2 Agile. We offer APMG's AgilePM as an alternative Agile qualification for Project Managers.
All official results will be confirmed via email from PeopleCert (Approx.) 7 days after the exam. PRINCE2 Foundation exams are marked by your tutor and they will tell you your result on the same day as the exam, Practitioner results are marked by PeopleCert.
Your PDF certificates will also be available to download from your Peoplecert Account once your official results are released. You may receive provisional results initially, but please wait until you get the official results from Peoplecert, as they can change.
The PRINCE2 Foundation Course exam style are all ‘multiple choice’. The ‘classic’ questions contain a question and four answer options. The ‘missing word’ questions contain a sentence with a word missing and you have to select the missing word from four options. The ‘list’ questions contain a list of four statements and you have to select the two correct statements.
The PRINCE2 Foundation exam is a multiple choice paper that lasts 60 mins. There are 60 questions per paper. 33 marks required to pass (55%). It is a ‘closed book’ exam.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner exam is 2 hours 30 mins long and is based on a project scenario. Total marks available are 68 and a pass mark of 38 (55%) is required. The questions are all ‘multiple choice’. There is a short description of a situation, and then a question. Our average pass rates are highlighted in the exam results section above.
Yes, please bring a valid government ID such as driving license or passport in order to
A confirmation of your booking will be sent to your email as soon as you have booked and paid (along with a full Tax Invoice). The venue details are normally the ones listed on the website, but this will be confirmed via email at least 7 days before the course start date as it can change due to availability. Please note your booking is not fully confirmed until you have paid in full.
You can change your course dates up to 10 business days before the course start date subject to a re-booking fee of £150 + VAT. Changes cannot be made to the booking within 10 business days of the course start date. We always try to work with customers to achieve an outcome that works for everyone, we are very customer centric. Please see our full terms and conditions for more details.
We have everything covered, we don't have any hidden fees or nasty surprises. The Price listed (+VAT) is the price you pay.The only thing we don't cover is overnight accommodation and travel costs to the training venue.
The dress code is casual, so don't worry about business attire.
If you have any special needs or requirements please let us know when you book your course and let your course tutor know at the start of the course so he/she can accommodate your needs. Any additional exam time can only be accommodated with the accompaniment of a Doctors note or other proof. An example of this would be Dyslexia or if you are a non-native English speaker (passport required).
Payments & Refunds
Yes, we charge VAT at the standard rate of 20%. Our prices are listed without VAT as most of our customers reclaim the VAT, and want the price excluding VAT. If you click "Book Now", you can see the price including VAT in the cart.
We offer full refunds as long as you submit your email request to us 20 business days before the course start date (minus a small cancellation fee, see full T&Cs). A cancellation means you no longer want to do your course with us and want a refund, it is not the same as wanting to change your course date. Cancellations between 20 and 10 business days are subject to a 50% cancellation fee (value of purchase). Cancellations less than 10 business days are subject to a 100% cancellation fee. We always try to work with customers to achieve an outcome that works for everyone, we are very customer centric. Don't forget, you can reschedule for a small cost (see other FAQ about changing course dates), this description only refers to an instance where you require a cash refund. See our Term-Conditions for more details.
We know you're going to love your course with us, just in case you don't you will get a full refund. Just let us know on the first day of your course and we'll sort out the rest.
This Money Back Guarantee applies only to our classroom based courses and does not apply to our Virtual courses. No need to worry though as we can offer you a free, no obligation demo over WebEx before you book your Virtual course so you can see actually what our Virtual courses will entail and you can ask any question you may have on the delivery of the course.
The Waterfront Meeting Rooms Bristol
The Waterfront, Welsh Back, Bristol, BS1 4SB